Black Magic Cake
Dark, moist and absolutely foolproof. Heavenly Fluff Frosting is no-fail. It stays fluffy for several days, and won't get crusty or watery.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 or 4 teaspoons coffee
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Heavenly Fluff Frosting
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Dissolve dry coffee in boiling water and cool. Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs and liquids. Stir until batter is smooth (batter will be thin).
- Bake at 350 degrees F in a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan for 35 to
45 minutes or until done.
- Heavenly Fluff Frosting: Put everything but the flavoring in the top of
a double boiler over fast boiling water. Begin beating immediately with electric
beaters - don't stop until the mixture stands in stiff peaks.
- Remove from heat, add the flavoring and keep beating until thick enough to spread easily.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes