Black Magic Cake
Dark, moist and absolutely foolproof. Heavenly Fluff Frosting is no-fail. It stays fluffy for several days, and won't get crusty or watery.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 or 4 teaspoons coffee
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Heavenly Fluff Frosting
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Dissolve dry coffee in boiling water and cool. Stir together dry ingredients.
- Add beaten eggs and liquids. Stir until batter is smooth (batter will be thin).
- Bake at 350 degrees F in a greased and floured 13 x 9-inch pan for 35 to
45 minutes or until done.
- Heavenly Fluff Frosting: Put everything but the flavoring in the top of
a double boiler over fast boiling water. Begin beating immediately with electric
beaters - don't stop until the mixture stands in stiff peaks.
- Remove from heat, add the flavoring and keep beating until thick enough to spread easily.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes