Black Raspberry Sheet Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can black raspberry pie filling or cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 pint Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Cake: In a large bowl, add ingredients as listed in order, except pie filling.
Mix very lightly and do not handle dough more than necessary.
- Take 3/4 dough
and roll out on pastry cloth or floured board. Roll out to fit a 12 x 9-inch
cake pan and at least 1 inch put the sides of the pan and place in pan.
- Spread pie filling on pastry.
- Roll out remaining dough to a 12 x 6-inch rectangle and
with pastry cutter, dipped in flour, cut strips of dough for lattice on top
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- After cake is thoroughly cooled, make topping.
- Topping: In large bowl, allow to soften to room temperature margarine, shortening
and cream cheese. Cream well.
- Add confectioners' sugar and salt. Cream well.
- Add Marshmallow Creme and spread on cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.