Blind Date Cake
Blind Date Cake is so named as you cannot see the dates in the cake!
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 level teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Add the dates to the boiling water. Stir, mash and cool before adding the
- In a separate bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Add the creamed mixture to the flour, cocoa and salt.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Sprinkle topping over cake and press down.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.