Blue Velvet Cake
- 4 cups self-rising or cake flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup oil, or softened butter
- 8 tablespoons blue food coloring
- 4 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first seven ingredients.
- Slowly add food coloring. Mix at high speed.
- For filling (pudding), follow instructions as written on the box.
- Oil and slightly flour two 8- or 9-inch baking pans. Halfway fill each pan
with batter, then add filling, and fill pan with batter.
- Bake for at least 45-60 minutes. Insert wooden pick in center of cake. If
wooden pick comes out clean, then it is done.
- Cool, then frost.
- Cover each layer with chopped walnuts, pecans and almonds.
- Cover frosted cake with remaining chopped nuts.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.