Butter Almond Cake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds for topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In bowl, whisk sugar and melted butter together. Beat in eggs. Stir in almond and vanilla extracts. Add salt and flour. Mix well. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle almonds and sugar over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly. Carefully run a knife around edges to loosen and turn out onto rack. Invert onto serving dish.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) cake layer, serving 8
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.