Butter Almond Cake
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds for topping
- 1 tablespoon sugar for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In bowl, whisk sugar and melted butter together. Beat in eggs. Stir in almond
and vanilla extracts. Add salt and flour. Mix well. Spread batter in prepared
pan. Sprinkle almonds and sugar over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly. Carefully run a knife around edges to loosen and turn out
onto rack. Invert onto serving dish.
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake layer, serving 8.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.