Butter Mint Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups softened butter
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 package butter mint candies
- 1 package vanilla frosting
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first five ingredients; mix at medium speed; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and butter. Manually beat until fluffy.
- Pour sour cream mixture into batter, and then beat at low speed until fluffy.
- Add milk (or water) and beat mixture at high until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into two 8- or 9-inch baking pans.
- Bake for at least 45 to 60 minutes.
- When done, cool cake for 25 minutes at room temperature. Set cake aside.
- Frosting: In a blender, crush butter mint candies until they are of a powdery consistency.
- Add the frosting and food coloring. Blend at high speed until frosting is creamy.
- Pour frosting into a medium size bowl and frost cake.
- Refrigerate frosted cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.