Cappuccino Mousse Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 3/4 cups whipping cream
- 4 (4 ounce) white chocolate bars, chopped
Coffee Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Kahlua
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Prepare according to package directions, substituting cold brewed
coffee for water.
- Spoon into wax paper-lined 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- White Chocolate Mousse: Cook whipping cream in a saucepan over low heat
until thoroughly heated. Do not boil.
- Place white chocolate in a 3-quart metal mixing bowl.
- Add whipping cream, and stir until smooth.
- Place bowl in large bowl filled with ice. Let stand for 25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Mixture
must be ice cold and have the consistency of a custard sauce.
- Beat chilled mixture at medium speed with mixer just till stiff peaks form.
Do not overbeat or mixture will curdle.
- Spread cake layers with white chocolate mousse.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Coffee Butter Cream Frosting: Beat butter and 1 cup powdered sugar at low
speed with mixer until blended.
- Add remaining sugar alternately with Kahlua, beating until blended.
- Add vanilla extract. Beat at medium speed until spreading consistency.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
- Can sprinkle top with cinnamon if desired.
- Decorate with piped borders and dollops if desired.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/01 5:27:49 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes