Caribbean Banana Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large or 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, lightly beat eggs.
- Add oil, bananas, sour cream or yogurt
and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in dry mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until tester
comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Sprinkle cooled cake with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings