As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup nuts
- Cake: Mix together well all ingredients except egg whites, nuts and coconut.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Fold in nuts and coconut.
- Bake in 3 layers for 35 to 40 minutes at 325 degrees F.
- Frosting: Cream together the cream cheese, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Add confectioners' sugar until creamy.
- Add nuts.
- Frost the three layers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes