Cherry Dumplin' Cake
- 1 (21 ounce) can COMSTOCK or WILDERNESS Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine COMSTOCK or WILDERNESS pie filling, EAGLE BRAND
and almond extract.
- In large bowl, cut 1/2 cup butter into 2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly.
- Stir in cherry mixture. Spread into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and brown sugar; cut
in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts. Sprinkle evenly over cherry mixture.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.