Cherry Ripple Rose Cake
- 1 (12 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling, almonds and almond extract and set
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into a greased 10 x 15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Spread cherry mixture over batter, then spoon remaining batter over cherries.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until light brown.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make Icing: Blend softened butter or margarine, confectioners' sugar,
and almond extract with enough milk for drizzling consistency and drizzle over