Chewy Butterscotch Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9 x 13-inch baking
- Beat eggs in heavy boiler and add brown sugar. Beat until just blended and
heat until hot, not boiling, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking powder
to flour and add all at once to hot mixture. Mix until well blended, then add
nuts and vanilla extract.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- No frosting is needed.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.