Chicago Ice Box Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 small packages chocolate pudding (NOT INSTANT)
- First Layer: Cream these ingredients and then press into 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Second Layer: Cream cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together then
fold in 1 cup Cool Whip and spread mixture on cooled crust.
- Third Layer: Cook until thick, cool completely and spread on cream cheese
- Fourth Layer: Spread remaining Cool Whip on.
- Can sprinkle on shaved chocolate for added touch.
- Refrigerate cake before serving.
Cake is BEST if made the day before and refrigerated overnight.
Butter pecan instant pudding
Add a layer of bananas and use vanilla pudding.
Use 2 boxes of the cook and serve lemon pudding, mix according to package directions,
let cool and use for the pudding.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.