Chicago Ice Box Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 small packages chocolate pudding (NOT INSTANT)
- First Layer: Cream these ingredients and then press into 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Second Layer: Cream cream cheese and confectioners' sugar together then
fold in 1 cup Cool Whip and spread mixture on cooled crust.
- Third Layer: Cook until thick, cool completely and spread on cream cheese
- Fourth Layer: Spread remaining Cool Whip on.
- Can sprinkle on shaved chocolate for added touch.
- Refrigerate cake before serving.
Cake is BEST if made the day before and refrigerated overnight.
Butter pecan instant pudding
Add a layer of bananas and use vanilla pudding.
Use 2 boxes of the cook and serve lemon pudding, mix according to package directions,
let cool and use for the pudding.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes