Chocolate Applesauce Rum Cake
This recipe uses no eggs.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar.
- Beat in the milk,
applesauce and 2 tablespoons of rum.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, spices and
salt. Beat into the creamed mixture and then stir in the raisins and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until it tests done with a wooden pick.
- Immediately after removing the cake from the oven, sprinkle it with the
remaining 1/4 cup rum.
- Let cool on a rack.
This cake improves if allowed to sit for a day or so before eating.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes