Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 6 heaping tablespoon cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cake: Mix oil, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and flour.
- Add cocoa and baking soda. Mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Icing: Cook flour and milk until thick, stirring constantly.
- Cover and put in refrigerator until cool.
- Beat butter until fluffy; add sugar, vanilla extract, flour-milk mixture
and enough water to reach spreading consistency.
- Frost cooled cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes