- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pitted sour red cherries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Melt butter or margarine and chocolate together over hot water.
- Add sugar to beaten eggs gradually while beating.
- Add chocolate mixture to egg mixture; beat hard for 1 minute.
- Mix and sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Drain cherries thoroughly; add
to flour mixture, and stir into chocolate-egg mixture. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 greased and floured 9-inch layer cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Whip cream; spread between layers and on top of cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes