Chocolate Cherry Studded Streusel Cake
Chocolate and cherries combine for a great taste in what will become a favorite for dessert at any time of the year.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9 x-inch baking pan.
- Streusel Topping: Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture
is crumbly; stir in semi-sweet morsels, milk chocolate morsels, oats and pecans;
- Cake: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine sour cream, cherries, orange peel and orange juice in small bowl.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl on medium speed
for 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla extract until just combined.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and
sour cream mixture, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle top evenly with streusel topping, and bake an additional 15 to 20
minutes more or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool completely.
Prep Time: 40 min | Cooking Time: 35 min | Servings: 12 to 16
Brought to you by Margee Berry of White Salmon, Washington.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Nestlé and meals.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes