Chocolate Chip Date Nut Cake
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
- Pour water over dates and add 1 teaspoon baking soda. Stir mixture several
times and let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Cream together shortening, sugar and beaten eggs. Add date mixture. Mix
- Combine flour, salt and 3/4 teaspoon baking soda. Add to date mixture, mixing
well. Top with chocolate chips, sugar and nuts before baking.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- After cooled, dust top with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes