Chocolate Covered Cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate mini-chips
Three Way Chocolate Jazz
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate ( 2/3 cup chips)
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 10 x 15-inch jellyroll pan with parchment baking paper, lightly grease
and flour paper.
- Cake: Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugars and vanilla until light. Beat in
eggs 1 at a time. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beat at medium speed
about 2 minutes. (Mixture may have a curdled appearance.) Stir in chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and smooth top.
- Bake, turning pan in oven once or twice to assure even baking 30 to 35 minutes
or until just firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a rack; remove paper, and cool completely.
- Cut cake in half to make 2 rectangles, each 7 1/2 x 10 inches.
- Three Way Chocolate Jazz: In a heavy saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup
to a boil over medium heat, stirring often.
- Remove from heat, add semisweet and bittersweet chocolates. Let stand for
a minute, then stir until chocolates are melted. Do not beat mixture.
- Measure about 2 tablespoons of the hot mixture into a small bowl, stir in
milk chocolate. Pour into a resealable plastic bag, and set aside to use for
writing on the finished cake.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the cream mixture into a mixing bowl, beat in powdered
sugar and butter. Beat until smooth, set aside to use as filling.
- To assemble cake: Arrange 1 rectangle of cake on a serving platter.
- Spread filling over cake, smooth top. Place second cake layer on top.
- Pour remaining cream mixture over cake to glaze. (If mixture has thickened,
re-warm just to pouring consistency.) Let glaze cover top and drizzle down sides
- If milk chocolate mixture has become firm, hold the bag in your hands until
chocolate is very soft. Cut a tiny hole in one corner of bag, and pipe your
message onto glazed cake.
Yield: 15 servings
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 8, 2001
Source: A Home Bakery
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes