Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake (T&T)
Chocoholics rejoice. If you are a true chocoholic you will love the flavors of
chocolate and strawberries in every bite. If you want to get fancy with this dessert,
before you place the fresh fruit on top of the cake recipes, pipe some fresh whipped
cream rosettes on top of the cakes and place the fruit on them.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen Sara Lee pound cake
- 3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup ready to use chocolate frosting or homemade ganache
- 1 tablespoon strawberry liqueur or amaretto
- 18 fresh medium strawberries
- Cut pound cake into 1/2-inch thick slices with a serrated knife. There should
be 12 slices.
- Spread 9 slices of pound cake with strawberry preserves ( don't skimp
on the preserves, the more the better) top with remaining slices, making a sandwich.
Cut each sandwich diagonally to form 2 triangles. You should end up with 18
- Icing: Cook and stir chocolate pieces over low heat until melted. Add frosting,
stirring to combine. Stir in strawberry liqueur, whisking for 1 to 2 minutes
longer or until mixture is melted enough to coat cakes. Remove from heat.
- Place cake triangles - one at a time - on a slotted spatula over a bowl,
with a soup ladle, take icing and pour over the triangle cover the top and sides
completely, allow icing to drip completely off into bowl. Carefully place on
waxed or parchment lined baking sheets. Repeat this until all triangles are
completely covered let stand until icing sets approximately 30 minutes.
- Transfer cakes to a serving platter and place a strawberry on top of each
I have made these using raspberry preserves, raspberry liqueur and fresh raspberries
I have also made these using orange marmalade, orange liqueur and orange zest
I know any way you make them, you won't be disappointed.
Posted by bettyboop50 at recipegoldmine.com