Chocolate Gooey Butter Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 ounces soft whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- One (1 pound) box confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- Topping: Whip together the cream cheese, melted chocolate
and egg. When smooth, stir in the sifted confectioners' sugar. Set aside.
- Cake: Mix the dry ingredients, preferably in the bowl of a mixer.
- In another bowl, stir together the melted butter, eggs, milk and vanilla
extract. Slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients; beat for
3 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Gently spread the cream
cheese topping over the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely, at least 4 hours, before cutting.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
The cake will stay moist and delicious for 3 days.
Source: The Farm Market Cookbook by Judith Olney
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes