Chocolate Greeting Card Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla extract; beat on medium speed of
electric mixer for 3 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Transfer cake to serving plate. Frost with One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting.
Decorate cake as desired.
Nutrition facts per serving: 440 calories (190 calories from fat), 5 grams
protein, 21 grams fat (12 grams saturated fat), 57 grams carbohydrates, 75 milligrams
cholesterol, 390 milligrams sodium, 60 milligrams calcium
Source: Hershey's Cocoa
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes