Chocolate Ice Box Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 eggs
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 7 tablespoons water
- 3 whole cakes (not squares, but whole packages) German Sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3 dozen unfilled lady fingers
- Melt together chocolate and water.
- In separate bowl, whip egg yolks with sugar. Pour chocolate into egg mixture
and mix well.
- Beat egg whites stiff. Fold into cool chocolate mixture.
- Line springform pan with lady fingers. Beginning on sides, stand the fingers
upright, then line the bottom of the pan with them. Pour 1/2 mixture over them,
then add another layer of Lady Fingers and top with remaining chocolate mixture.
Top with whipped cream and chocolate swirls of curled German chocolate. (Get
them to curl by shaving chocolate using a potato peeler).
- Chill for about 8 hours.
- Remove sides of pan when you place on your favorite pedestal cake server
and you have a beautiful presentation of a rich but light, easy to make cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes