Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake 2
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons grated unsweetened chocolate (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Syrup
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
- Stir together baking soda and boiling water in a medium-size bowl until
baking soda is dissolved. Stir in nuts and dates.
- With mixer at low speed, beat together sugar and mayonnaise in large bowl
until well blended. Add chocolate and vanilla extract; beat until well blended.
Add date mixture; beat until blended. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 45 to
- Cool cake in pan on rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with
whipped cream or frost with Fudge Frosting if desired.
- Fudge Frosting: Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes