Chocolate Nut Banana Cream Cake
To use as a Bundt cake: Pour banana batter into a greased and floured 12-cup
Bundt cake pan. Spread cream topping evenly over banana batter. Bake about 1 hour.
Cream Cheese Topping
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese (half of a large 8-ounce block), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Banana Cake Batter
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, pureed with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (1 cup banana puree)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) banana yogurt*
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, cashews, or macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk or cream (about)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Cream Cheese Topping: In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer. Add the egg and beat until incorporated and smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Banana Cake Batter: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar with the butter until well-mixed. It will look crumbly. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending completely after each one. Add the vanilla extract and bananas. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and yogurt to the butter mixture, a third at a time, alternating between the two until all is incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts (pecans, walnuts, cashews or macadamia nuts).
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and smooth. Drop dollops of the cream cheese topping on top of the banana batter, then smooth to cover.
- Bake about 35 to 40 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove to rack to cool completely to room temperature.
- Icing: Mix milk or cream with confectioners' sugar until smooth, adding
enough liquid so it can be drizzled. Scrape into a zip-top bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Snip a small corner from the bottom of the bag and drizzle the icing on top of the banana cake.
- Let sit at least an hour to set.
Yield: 18 to 36 servings, depending on cut size
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.