Chop Suey Cake
This cake was very popular in the 40s during the WWII era. The frosting is a later addition!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple and juice
- 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Cake: Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and mix by hand until well blended.
DO NOT BEAT!
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Frosting: Mix all ingredients and beat until smooth. Pour onto cake as soon
as it is removed from the oven. Add a handful more of chopped pecans sprinkled
on the top.
- Keep in refrigerator.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes