Cinnamon Toast Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well and lightly flour a 15 x 11 x 1-inch
- Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, 2 tablespoons butter and vanilla
extract until batter is smooth.
- Spread evenly into prepared jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- While cake is baking, combine 1/2 cups sugar and cinnamon.
- Remove cake from oven. Drizzle 1/2 cup melted butter over top of the cake;
sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture and return to oven.
- Bake 10 minutes more.
- Serve warm.