- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a large bowl, beat egg whites,
brown sugar, sour cream, vanilla extract and almond extract until well blended.
- Stir in flour mixture and beat just until evenly moistened.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until center of cake springs back when lightly pressed
(30 to 40 minutes).
- Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then invert it onto a serving
- Serve warm or cool.
- Just before serving, sift confectioners' sugar over cake.
- To serve, cut cake into rectangles.