Coconut Candy Bar Cake
- 14 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) package BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut (5 1/3 cups)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 4 of the chocolate squares and 1/2 cup butter in large microwaveable
bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until
chocolate is completely melted. Blend in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating
on low speed after each addition until well blended. Add vanilla extract; mix
well. Add 1/3 cup of the flour, the baking soda and salt; beat well. Add remaining
1 1/3 cups flour alternately with the water, mixing until well blended. Pour
into greased and floured 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out
clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Mix coconut and sweetened condensed milk until well blended; spread over
- Microwave whipping cream and 2 tablespoons butter in large microwaveable
bowl on HIGH 2 minutes; stir.
- Microwave an additional 30 seconds or until mixture comes to boil.
- Add remaining 10 chocolate squares; stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Cool until mixture is of desired spreading consistency, stirring frequently.
Spread over cake.
- Let stand until chocolate layer is firm.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com