- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat egg; add 1/2 cup sugar, milk, oil, orange juice and almond extract;
- Combine 1 cup flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix.
- Pour into an 8-inch square pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Chop cranberries in a blender or food processor; spoon over batter.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour with 3 tablespoons sugar and cut in butter. Sprinkle
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 16 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 10/7/2001 6:30 pm.