Cranberry Sauce Cake
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces whole cranberry sauce, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into mixing bowl.
- Reserve 1/4 cup
cranberry sauce. Mix remcining cranberry sauce, pecans, mayonnaise, orange rind and orange juice into dry ingredients;
- Turn into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- While cake bakes, mix the reserved 1/4 cup cranberry sauce, butter and
powdered sugar until creamy. Spread on warm cake.
Yield: 12 servings
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 543 Calories; 25 g Fat (39.3% calories
from fat); 4 g Protein; 81 g Carbohydrate; 2 g Dietary Fiber; 12 mg Cholesterol;
418 mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 4 Other Carbohydrates
Source: Spokane Spokesman-Review 12/18/2002