Cranberry Spice Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup nut meats
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, smooth or with whole berries
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour tube pan or two 8-inch cake
- Cake: Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add egg.
- Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Combine dry ingredients and sift together. Add to first mixture.
- Stir in cranberry sauce.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about an hour in tube pan or for 30 to 40
minutes in layer pans.
- Frosting: Soften cream cheese with cranberry sauce.
- Add salt and gradually add sugar, beating until creamy. Spread over cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes