As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8-inch square ungreased baking dish combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking
soda and salt. Mix with a fork until blended. Make 3 holes in the mixture. In
one of the holes put the vinegar, vanilla extract in another and oil in the
other one. Pour water over all. Mix with fork until mixture is no longer lumpy.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cool, frost as desired.
Crazy Spice Cake: Omit cocoa and add 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon cloves
and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes