A layer of peanut butter is nestled between the tender chocolate cake and the creamy frosting.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup Hershey's cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup Reese's creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package Hershey's special dark chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F Grease and flour 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly roll
- Combine water, butter and cocoa in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat,
stirring occasionally, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from
heat; set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs
and sour cream; beat until well blended. Add cocoa mixture; beat just until
blended (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out
- Do not remove cake from pan; spread peanut butter over warm cake.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare Chocolate Topping; carefully spread over top, covering peanut butter.
Allow topping to set; cut into squares.
- Chocolate Topping: Place 2 cups (12-ounce package) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate
Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 2 tablespoons shortening (do
not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave
at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional
15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted
Servings 20-24; 24 pieces
Photograph is from a Hershey's recipe card.