Dark Chocolate Pecan Torte
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, broken up
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small microwave safe bowl, place chocolate and butter. Microwave at
HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until smooth when stirred. Line bottom of 9-inch springform
pan with foil, butter foil and sides of pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixer bowl, combine chocolate mixture, sugar, and vanilla; beat
well. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in
flour and water; beat well. Stir in pecans.
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until stiff
peaks form, carefully fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 45 minutes or until top appears dry.
Torte will not test for done in center.
- Cool one hour.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm. Remove side of pan and invert onto serving
plate, remove bottom of pan. Carefully remove foil. Pour Chocolate Glaze over
top and spread evenly over top and sides.
- Chocolate Glaze: In a small mixer bowl, combine 1 cup confectioners'
sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, place 2 tablespoons butter or margarine,
2 tablespoons water and 1 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate. Microwave
on HIGH (100%) for one minute or until smooth when stirred. Add to sugar mixture,
beating until smooth. Add hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if necessary for
Source: Hershey’s Chocolate
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes