Eagle Brand Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 1 1/4 cups butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small saucepan, melt 1 cup of the butter; stir in 1/4 cup cocoa, then
add water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and
salt. Add cocoa mixture; beat well. Stir in 1/3 cup Eagle Brand, eggs and vanilla
extract. Pour into greased 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- In small saucepan melt remaining 1/4 cup butter; add remaining 1/4 cup cocoa
and remaining Eagle Brand. Stir in confectioners' sugar and nuts. Spread
on warm cake.
Chocolate Mocha Sheet Cake: Add 1 tablespoon instant coffee with cocoa to
cake; add 1 tablespoon instant coffee with cocoa to frosting.