English Toffee Crunch Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
Butter Pecan-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits
- 1/3 cup reserved toasted chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 3 round 9-inch cake pans.
- Cake: Stir together pecans and melted butter. Spread evenly on ungreased cookie
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally; cool.
Keep oven at 350 degrees F.
- Beat softened butter and sugar in medium bowl on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth.
- Gradually add dry ingredients and milk, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 1 cup of the toasted pecans.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Butter Pecan-Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat butter, cream cheese and
vanilla extract in medium bowl on low speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth and spreadable.
- Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Fill and frost layers with frosting.
- Garnish with chopped pecans, if desired.
- Cover and store any remaining cake in refrigerator.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 2:18 pm.