Fresh Ginger Apple Cake
Fresh ginger root brings spice and aroma to this dense cake featuring crisp Golden
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Challenge European Style Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup cored, peeled and chopped apples (Golden Delicious)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter a 9-inch square baking
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in molasses, eggs and ginger.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Blend dry mix alternately with the buttermilk into butter mixture.
- Stir in apples.
- our batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until center tests done.