Fresh Peach Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately
with buttermilk, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Gently blend in peaches.
- Pour batter into a greased 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.