Fudge Bottom Fantasy
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Raspberries for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch square cake pan, line it
with parchment paper and butter the parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl and whisk with the water. Set
- Stir the sugar and flour together in a small bowl.
- Melt the chocolate chips with the butter over the stove or in the microwave.
This will be smooth and fairly thick.
- Immediately, add a large serving spoon
of the chocolate/butter mixture to the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
- Repeat this two more times, then whisk in the sugar/flour.
- Continue adding the chocolate/butter
until it is all whisked together. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the
batter in two or three additions. You do not need to have the egg whites completely
blended before adding more.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- When the cake is cool, invert the cake onto a cooling rack; remove the parchment
paper and transfer onto a serving plate.
- Beat whipping cream and confectioners' sugar in a mixing bowl until
stiff peaks form.
- Frost the sides and the top of the cake with the whipping
- Place the raspberries around the bottom of the cake.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes