German Peach Cake (Peach Kuchen)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Mix 1 1/4 cups of the flour and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Cut in butter until the size of peas.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons sour cream.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Spread peaches on baked crust.
- Mix remaining ingredients (1/4 cup flour,
1/4 teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sour cream, 3 egg yolks and
1 cup sugar) and pour over peaches.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes