Gingerbread Cake with Creamy
The Creamy Gingerbread Frosting makes this gingerbread extra festive for
holiday celebrations. If you prefer a simpler presentation, omit the frosting and
dust the gingerbread with confectioners' sugar.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
Creamy Gingerbread Frosting
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake
- Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer
on medium speed until well mixed.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water, beating on low speed after each addition until smooth. Pour
into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill and frost with Creamy Gingerbread Frosting. Refrigerate cake until
ready to serve.
- Creamy Gingerbread Frosting: Pour milk into medium bowl.
- Add instant pudding mix, McCormick® Ground Ginger and McCormick® Ground Cinnamon. Beat with wire
whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
Makes 16 servings | Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min
nutritional information: per serving Calories: 277 Fat: 9 g Carbohydrates:
46 g Cholesterol: 43 mg Sodium: 283 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes