Gooey Garden Carrot Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups corn oil
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 box chopped dates
- 1 cup large flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cake: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt
and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, combine eggs, vanilla extract and corn oil. Add to the
ingredients in the large bowl, and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix all together and fill pans 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center
comes out clean.
- Choose either of the toppings to use.
- Topping 1: Mix ingredients together and boil for 5 minutes.
- Prick the top of the hot cakes with a fork and pour the mixture over the top.
- Topping 2: Mix ingredients together and frost cake.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 4:48:24 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes