- 1 1/2 cups chopped raw hazelnuts
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 egg yolks
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter a 9-inch cake pan that has been
lined with wax paper on the bottom. Dust lightly with flour.
- In a food processor, combine hazelnuts, sugar, butter, flour, baking powder,
salt, pineapple and cinnamon, processing until blended.
- Add the egg yolks 1
at a time, making sure that each one is blended before the next one is added.
The batter will be very thick.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Remove air bubbles by tapping pan
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the cake comes
- Cool cake on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Dust the top with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Yield: about 10 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 3/25/02 5:56:52 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes