Hellmann's Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
You won’t find any eggs or shortening in Hellmann’s Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. They are replaced with delicious Hellmann’s mayonnaise. You won’t miss the eggs and shortening, and you won’t even know there is mayo in this cake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round
cake pans*; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and
vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise at low speed until
blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, beginning and ending
with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out
clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost, if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
* Or, prepare cake mix as above in 13 x 9-inch baking pan and bake 40 minutes
or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Yield: 1 (2-layer) cake
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes