Hot Fudge Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder
- Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over all the batter, do not stir.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.