Hot Fudge Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups hot water
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder
- Stir in the milk, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining cocoa and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over all the batter, do not stir.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes