Hot Milk Cake
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs at high speed until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and baking powder; add to batter with vanilla extract and
beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter just until the butter melts, stirring
occasionally. Add to batter, beating until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13
x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack.