Juicy Coconut Raspberry Cake
(Saftig Kokost rta med Hallon)
- 5 1/2 ounces (125 g) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups (3 dl) all-purpose white flour
- 7/8 cup (1 3/4 dl) granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 dl) maizena flour (cornstarch)
- 3/8 cup (3/4 dl) all-purpose wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups (5 dl) milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 ounces (50 g) butter or margarine
- 2 cups (4 dl) coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons vanilline sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons arrack, rum, or brandy
- Quickly mix the ingredients for the dough and leave in a cool place for
- Butter the bottom of a dish, diameter approximately 24 cm / good 9-inch
and preferably with removable edges.
- Don't butter the walls, because the dough will slide down while baking
if you do. Put the dough in the dish, covering the walls to about 3 cm /1 1/4
inch. Bake in the lower part of the oven at 175 degrees C/350 degrees F for
about 20 minutes.
- Mix sugar, salt, maizena flour, flour and milk in a saucepan. Heat while
stirring and let thicken.
- Gently simmer while stirring continuously for about 2 minutes.
- Add egg yolks, fat, and coconut flakes. Stir vigorously and simmer for 1
minute while stirring all the time.
- Let cool, stir occasionally, and flavor with vanilline sugar and liquor.
- Fill the dough crust with the cold creme and decorate with raspberries.
Yield: 1 cake
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 7/10/01 5:15:56 am.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sheet and Layer Cake Recipes