Nashville's One-Pan Fudge Cake
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 squares bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped coarse
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Thoroughly grease an 8-inch square baking
- In a medium saucepan over very low heat, melt the butter with the chocolate.
Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a measuring cup and stir into the
chocolate mixture along with the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Turn into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cut into squares while hot, but do not remove from the pan until cooled.