Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup dry oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- Mix oatmeal, peanut butter, margarine and boiling water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, sugar and eggs. Mix and gradually add flour, baking soda,
baking powder and vanilla extract.
- Pour into pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Peanut Butter Frosting.
- Peanut Butter Frosting: Blend peanut butter and sugar.
- Stir in vanilla extract and milk. Beat until frosting is smooth.